A court ruled that US dairy farmers can legally use the French name for which variety of cheese? – answered
A court ruled that US dairy farmers can legally use the French name for which variety of cheese?
The options that are given for this Bing homepage quiz are listed below:
The correct answer is Gruyère.
See The Reason for That answer below:
A recent ruling by a United States court has stated that American-made cheese can be labeled as Gruyère, even though the cheese has traditionally been produced in an Alpine region between Switzerland and France for over 900 years. In Europe, Gruyère has a protected designation of origin, which certifies that it comes only from the hilly European region, much like champagne or feta cheese.
However, the U.S. court ruled that the Gruyère label could apply to any cheese, regardless of where it is made. The decision was based on the fact that American cheese consumers understand the term “Gruyère” to refer to a type of cheese, making the term generic. The ruling was hailed as a significant win for America’s dairy farmers by the U.S. Dairy Export Council, following a long-running legal battle between American cheesemakers and their Swiss and French counterparts.
Despite the disappointment of the Swiss and French cheese producers, who argued that the cheese’s rich tradition and cultural significance are worth protecting, the judges found holes in their arguments, including the fact that the majority of the Gruyère-labeled cheese imported to the United States between 2010 and 2020 came from the Netherlands and Germany instead of Switzerland and France.
Furthermore, American production of Gruyère has also increased in recent years, with Wegmans supermarket selling more domestic gruyere-labeled cheese than Swiss gruyere-labeled cheese.
Below is a list of all Bing quizzes for today
- Arnold Schwarzenegger went viral after releasing a video in which he denounced…Answered
- A couple in Spain were sentenced for stealing nearly $1.7M worth of what restaurant luxury item? – answered
- David Alan Chipperfield was awarded the Pritzker Prize, the top honor in the field of… Answered
- Jim Boeheim stepped down after 47 seasons as head men’s basketball coach at which university? – Answered
- Despite his rheumatoid arthritis, New Jersey native Andrew Crosby hiked which 2,200-mile trail? – answered
- A court ruled that US dairy farmers can legally use the French name for which variety of cheese? – answered
- What did scientists revive that had been frozen in permafrost for nearly 50,000 years? – answered
- Speaking of scientists, some just named an ‘extremely deadly’ fungicide after which movie star? – answered
- Pro athlete KJ Osborn helped pull a man from a burning car after a crash. Which NFL team does he play for? – Answered
- The Funko company is throwing away $30M worth of which toy, because it’s cheaper than storing them? – answered
Today’s Microsoft Bing quiz has 10-point rewards for the ten (10) questions of today if you select the correct answers for all the options. so make sure you use the information I provided here to your maximum benefit and pick only the right answers for today’s Bing quiz. Rewards can be used to purchase things from selected stores such as Amazon, Walmart, etc. when claimed as gift cards.