A new study found that illegal eel meat is commonly found in which US food? Answered
A new study found that illegal eel meat is commonly found in which US food?
The options that are given for this Bing homepage quiz are listed below:
B: Frozen fish sticks
C: Canned tuna
The correct answer is Sushi.
See The Reason for That answer below:
A recent study revealed that organized crime is likely behind the excessive consumption of illegal eel in US sushi. According to the research, nearly half (44%) of the North American eel samples utilized in sushi were sourced from the critically endangered European eel, whose exportation has been prohibited since 2010.
Eel is a popular ingredient in Japanese cuisine and is often grilled and marinated, served in a donburi dish with rice, or in sushi as “unagi.” As Japanese cuisine has become more popular globally, eel consumption has significantly increased, with 280,000 tons of freshwater eels produced for the consumer market in 2019.
Overfishing has caused Japan’s native eel to become endangered, leading sellers to turn to the critically endangered European eel, whose population is estimated to be only 5% of its original size. In 2010, the European Union banned the export of this species to protect it.
Researchers at the University of Exeter were surprised to discover that a DNA analysis of unagi samples from Europe, North America, and Asia contained a significant amount of European eel. Andrew Griffiths, a biological sciences lecturer and the lead author of the study, said, “I was very surprised to find so much European eel in our North American samples – because it’s illegal to export it.”
Griffiths suggests that the high levels of European eel in unagi samples indicate a connection to global organized crime rings that are exploiting an ancient species on the verge of extinction.”The high levels of European eel in the samples strongly indicate illegal trading and possible connections to the trafficking of live eels to Asia.”
Below is a list of all Bing quizzes for today
- Which Scandinavian country joined NATO this week? answered
- Connecticut won the men’s NCAA basketball championship, but which school won the women’s title? Answered
- What colorful name is used to describe the type of full moon that’s visible this week? Answered
- The US government pledged to build a $300M database to help researchers find a cure for… Answered
- Which popular tropical vacation destination may start charging tourists a fee to visit? answered
- A new study found that illegal eel meat is commonly found in which US food? Answered
- Which rapper says he’s still paying Sting $5K a day for using an uncleared sample in a 1997 hit song? Answered
- UFC is creating a new $21 billion sports company by merging with which of these? Answered
- A ‘Polo Grounds’ bat that once belonged to which baseball legend sold for $1.85M at auction? Answered
- A South African pilot made an emergency landing after discovering what on the plane? answered
Today’s Microsoft Bing quiz has 10-point rewards for the ten (10) questions of today if you select the correct answers for all the options. so make sure you use the information I provided here to your maximum benefit and pick only the right answers for today’s Bing quiz. Rewards can be used to purchase things from selected stores such as Amazon, Walmart, etc. when claimed as gift cards.