Which city will be the first in the UK to commit to the Paris climate agreement for major live events? – answered
Which city will be the first in the UK to commit to the Paris climate agreement for major live events?
The options that are given for this Bing homepage quiz are listed below:
The correct answer is Liverpool.
See The Reason for That answer below:
Liverpool, the host city for Eurovision, has become the first city in the UK to commit to the Paris agreement for major live events. The city council will only issue licenses to concerts and festivals that agree to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 50%, including the use of renewable energy and reducing the number of cars visitors take to events.
The council’s decision comes after research revealed that car travel to festivals constitutes a significant proportion of an event’s climate emissions, although it is not typically included in the festival’s carbon footprint. While 310 local authorities in the UK have officially declared a climate emergency, Liverpool is the first to commit to such measures.
The Paris agreement, which aims to limit global temperature rises to below 1.5C by the end of the century, was signed in 2015 by 196 countries. The Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research at Manchester University found that festivals could significantly reduce their emissions by reducing parking spaces.
For example, Bestival had the largest carbon output per ticket holder, while Glasgow’s TRNSMT had the lowest, due to having fewer parking spaces. By reducing car parking by 70% and providing more options for travel, such as train, coach, or cycling, festivals may be able to halve their overall carbon emissions. The new licenses will begin next year and will call for progressively greener measures for events held over the next five years.
Below is a list of all Bing quizzes for today
- Which athlete set the British women’s 60m record during the World Indoor Tour in Birmingham? – answered
- Which former British health secretary has launched a new television and broadcasting company, Greenhazel? – answered
- Which 100-year-old theatre in Edinburgh has received a £7 million redevelopment fund? – answered
- Which long-jumper won the World Indoor Tour Final in Birmingham? – answered
- Which film won the top prize at the Screen Actors Guild awards? – answered
- Which British tennis player recently won the ATP 500 event in Rio de Janeiro? – answered
- Which football club won the Carabao Cup? – answered
- Who will replace Ken Bruce at BBC Radio 2? – answered
- Who has regained the title of the world’s richest man? – answered
- Which city will be the first in the UK to commit to the Paris climate agreement for major live events? – answered
Today’s Microsoft Bing quiz has 10-point rewards for the ten (10) questions of today if you select the correct answers for all the options. so make sure you use the information I provided here to your maximum benefit and pick only the right answers for today’s Bing quiz. Rewards can be used to purchase things from selected stores such as Amazon, Walmart, etc. when claimed as gift cards.