102-year-old CR Rao won the most prestigious international award in which branch of mathematics?
A Number theory
The correct answer is Statistics.
See The Reason for That answer below:
Calyampudi Radhakrishna Rao, a distinguished mathematician and statistician of Indian-American origin, has been selected as the recipient of the 2023 International Prize in Statistics, which is considered the equivalent of the Nobel Prize in this field.
At the biennial International Statistical Institute World Statistics Congress to be held in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada in July, Rao, who is presently 102 years old, will be presented with an $80,000 award in recognition of his exceptional work more than 75 years ago, which not only revolutionized statistical thinking but also has an enduring impact on science.
In his 1945 paper, published in the Bulletin of the Calcutta Mathematical Society, Rao presented three fundamental results that laid the groundwork for modern statistics and developed statistical tools that are heavily utilized in various scientific disciplines.
These findings include the Cramer-Rao lower bound, the Rao-Blackwell Theorem, and pathbreaking insights that established the field of “information geometry.” Information geometry has recently been used to aid in comprehending and optimizing measurements of the Higgs boson at the Large Hadron Collider, the world’s most significant and powerful particle accelerator.
Below is a list of all Bing quizzes for today
- Aliyah Boston was taken as the No. 1 overall pick in which pro sports league’s recent draft? Answered
- Which iconic US company revealed in a regulatory filing that it may go out of business? answered
- How did media mogul Rupert Murdoch reportedly end his fourth marriage to ex-model Jerry Hall? Answered
- A volcano erupted this week in Kamchatka, which is a peninsula in the far eastern region of… answered
- Which NFL franchise is reportedly on the verge of being sold for nearly $6 billion? answered
- A pair of sneakers once worn by which NBA legend just sold for a record $2.2M at auction? answered
- Which musical production will close this weekend after a 35-year run on Broadway? answered
- 102-year-old CR Rao won the most prestigious international award in which branch of mathematics? answered
- British fashion designer Mary Quant died at 93. What piece of clothing is she credited with popularizing? answered
- A Maine museum is offering a $25K reward to anyone who finds a piece of an ‘incredibly rare’… answered
Today’s Microsoft Bing quiz has 10-point rewards for the seven (7) questions of today if you select the correct answers for all the options. so make sure you use the information I provided here to your maximum benefit and pick only the right answers for today’s Bing quiz. Rewards can be used to purchase things from selected stores such as Amazon, Walmart, etc. when claimed as gift cards.