A pair of sneakers once worn by which NBA legend just sold for a record $2.2M at auction?
A Larry Bird
B Michael Jordan
C Magic Johnson
The correct answer is Michael Jordan.
See The Reason for That answer below:
During a recent auction held by Sotheby’s, a complete pair of Air Jordan 13 sneakers worn by basketball legend Michael Jordan during the 1998 NBA Finals set a new record for the most valuable sports footwear ever sold, fetching a whopping $2.2 million. The NBA’s official authenticator confirmed that they are the only complete pair of sneakers worn by Jordan in an NBA Finals game to be authenticated, making them even more valuable.
Although these shoes were expected to sell for at least $2 million, they came in below the predicted high of $4 million. The previous record for a sneaker auction was held by a pair of Kanye West’s Nike Air Yeezy 1s, which sold for $1.8 million. Jordan is a highly sought-after athlete at auctions, with other sports memorabilia such as jerseys selling for over $10 million.
Brahm Wachter, the head of streetwear and modern collectibles at Sotheby’s, stated that this sale is a testament to Jordan’s legacy as one of the most influential athletes, businessmen, and pop culture icons of our time. During the 1998 NBA Finals Game 2, Michael Jordan wore these sneakers while leading the Chicago Bulls to victory over the Utah Jazz with 37 points in 40 minutes. He later signed and gifted the shoes to a ball boy who had previously found and returned his jacket during an earlier practice.
The black and red Air Jordans, also known as “Breds,” were banned by the NBA for violating the league’s strict uniform code, which contributed to their legendary status among fans. At present, Jordan possesses the NBA’s Charlotte Hornets and receives millions of dollars in royalties from the sales of Nike Air Jordans.
Below is a list of all Bing quizzes for today
- Aliyah Boston was taken as the No. 1 overall pick in which pro sports league’s recent draft? Answered
- Which iconic US company revealed in a regulatory filing that it may go out of business? answered
- How did media mogul Rupert Murdoch reportedly end his fourth marriage to ex-model Jerry Hall? Answered
- A volcano erupted this week in Kamchatka, which is a peninsula in the far eastern region of… answered
- Which NFL franchise is reportedly on the verge of being sold for nearly $6 billion? answered
- A pair of sneakers once worn by which NBA legend just sold for a record $2.2M at auction? answered
- Which musical production will close this weekend after a 35-year run on Broadway? answered
- 102-year-old CR Rao won the most prestigious international award in which branch of mathematics? answered
- British fashion designer Mary Quant died at 93. What piece of clothing is she credited with popularizing? answered
- A Maine museum is offering a $25K reward to anyone who finds a piece of an ‘incredibly rare’… answered
Today’s Microsoft Bing quiz has 10-point rewards for the seven (7) questions of today if you select the correct answers for all the options. so make sure you use the information I provided here to your maximum benefit and pick only the right answers for today’s Bing quiz. Rewards can be used to purchase things from selected stores such as Amazon, Walmart, etc. when claimed as gift cards.