Speaking of ancient animals, scientists named a recently discovered beaver fossil after which southern store chain? Answered
Speaking of ancient animals, scientists named a recently discovered beaver fossil after which southern store chain?
The options that are given for this Bing homepage quiz are listed below:
B: Winn Dixie
C: Piggly Wiggly
The correct answer is Buc-ee’s.
See The Reason for That answer below:
Buc-ee’s, the largest convenience store chain in the world, has made a significant contribution to the scientific community with the discovery of a new species of beaver, named after the Texas-based store. The fossilized beaver specimen was discovered by a team of researchers from The University of Texas at Austin in the school’s collection. The partial skull from Burkeville, Texas, was a unique fusion of bone and brain cast that created a rock replica of the animal’s brain. Using high-resolution X-ray images of the skull, the team confirmed that the skull belonged to a new species of beaver. They named the species Anchitheriomys buceei (A. buceei) after Buc-ee’s semi-aquatic mascot.
Interestingly, the discovery was not the first time the fossilized beaver was suspected to be a new species. A museum curator from Texas A&M University believed the same in 1941 but passed away before he could publish his findings. The team of researchers from The University of Texas at Austin took up the task, equipped with new technology and a greater understanding of the fossil record.
The newly discovered species, A. buceei, was about 30% larger than modern beavers found in Texas. The team also identified a much smaller species of beaver and provided an overview of beaver occurrences along the Texas Gulf Coast from 15 million to 22 million years ago.
The study, published in the journal Palaeontologia Electronica in March, provides valuable insight into the history of Texas and its prehistoric fauna. Buc-ee’s beaver is not only the smiling face of a popular convenience store chain but also a fascinating piece of prehistoric Texas history. As Arch “Beaver” Aplin III, the founder and CEO of Buc-ee’s, stated regarding the company mascot’s place in Texas’ history, “Buc-ee’s was founded in 1982, but we may need to rethink our beginnings.”
The discovery of A. buceei is also a testament to the value of museum collections and how they can lead to groundbreaking discoveries, even decades after initial collection.
Below is a list of all Bing quizzes for today
- After a national strike by transit workers this week, travel in which EU country ground to a halt? Answered
- What did astronomers detect in space that is 30 billion times larger than the mass of the sun? Answered
- Which NFL QB, and former league MVP, has asked to be traded from the team that drafted him? Answered
- The FDA just cleared which life-saving medication to be sold over-the-counter? Answered
- Nokia says it will launch what service on the moon later this year? Answered
- Soccer legend Lionel Messi just surpassed 100 career goals while playing for his home country of… Answered
- Colombia had to spend $3.5M to relocate 70 of which animal that once belonged to infamous cartel boss Pablo Escobar? Answered
- Atlanta resident Nathan Firesheets rode every Disney ride in the world in 12 days. How many countries did he visit? Answered
- Scientists made a jumbo, edible meatball using the genetic sequence of which extinct animal? Answered
- Speaking of ancient animals, scientists named a recently discovered beaver fossil after which southern store chain? Answered
Today’s Microsoft Bing quiz has 10-point rewards for the ten (10) questions of today if you select the correct answers for all the options. so make sure you use the information I provided here to your maximum benefit and pick only the right answers for today’s Bing quiz. Rewards can be used to purchase things from selected stores such as Amazon, Walmart, etc. when claimed as gift cards.