The FDA just cleared which life-saving medication to be sold over-the-counter? Answered
The FDA just cleared which life-saving medication to be sold over-the-counter?
The options that are given for this Bing homepage quiz are listed below:
C: High-dose statins
The correct answer is Narcan.
See The Reason for That answer below:
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has announced its approval of Narcan, a nasal spray that rapidly reverses the effects of opioid overdoses, for over-the-counter, non-prescription sale. This approval marks the first time a naloxone product has been approved for use without a prescription. According to the FDA, the United States recorded 101,750 overdose deaths in the 12 months leading up to October 2022, primarily from opioids, including fentanyl.
The FDA has paved the way for Narcan to be sold directly to consumers in places like drug stores, convenience stores, grocery stores, gas stations, and online. The availability of Narcan for over-the-counter sale is yet to be determined, and the timeline will be set by Emergent BioSolutions, the product’s manufacturer. However, the process may take several months as the company implements manufacturing changes to support nonprescription packaging and supply chain modifications.
Only the 4-milligram dose of Narcan has been approved for over-the-counter sale. Other formulations, including higher dosages and injectable versions of naloxone, will still require a prescription.
The price of the over-the-counter Narcan option will be determined by the manufacturer, Emergent BioSolutions, and the FDA commissioner, Dr. Robert M. Califf, has called for it to be affordable. The HHS secretary Xavier Becerra has praised the FDA’s decision, calling it a “strong step forward in advancing” the agency’s overdose prevention strategy.
The HHS will launch a department-wide approach to work with stakeholders to implement the change from prescription to over-the-counter status and ensure appropriate coverage and continued access to all forms of naloxone.
The approval of Narcan and naloxone products for over-the-counter use is a “no-brainer,” said Jonathan Stoltman, the director and founder of the Opioid Policy Institute. However, he cautioned that the decision is only one of many steps necessary to make the overdose-reversing medication accessible to everyone who needs it, and the issue of price and insurance coverage remains a concern.
Overall, the approval of over-the-counter Narcan is a historic milestone that will increase access to naloxone, improve public health, and help reduce opioid overdose deaths throughout the country.
Below is a list of all Bing quizzes for today
- After a national strike by transit workers this week, travel in which EU country ground to a halt? Answered
- What did astronomers detect in space that is 30 billion times larger than the mass of the sun? Answered
- Which NFL QB, and former league MVP, has asked to be traded from the team that drafted him? Answered
- The FDA just cleared which life-saving medication to be sold over-the-counter? Answered
- Nokia says it will launch what service on the moon later this year? Answered
- Soccer legend Lionel Messi just surpassed 100 career goals while playing for his home country of… Answered
- Colombia had to spend $3.5M to relocate 70 of which animal that once belonged to infamous cartel boss Pablo Escobar? Answered
- Atlanta resident Nathan Firesheets rode every Disney ride in the world in 12 days. How many countries did he visit? Answered
- Scientists made a jumbo, edible meatball using the genetic sequence of which extinct animal? Answered
- Speaking of ancient animals, scientists named a recently discovered beaver fossil after which southern store chain? Answered
Today’s Microsoft Bing quiz has 10-point rewards for the ten (10) questions of today if you select the correct answers for all the options. so make sure you use the information I provided here to your maximum benefit and pick only the right answers for today’s Bing quiz. Rewards can be used to purchase things from selected stores such as Amazon, Walmart, etc. when claimed as gift cards.