Which notorious tabloid was just sold for a reported $100M? – Answered
The Microsoft Rewards Bing HomePage Trivial quiz question is: Which notorious tabloid was just sold for a reported $100M?
The options that are given for this Bing homepage quiz are listed below:
A: The Sun
B: Weekly World News
C: National Enquirer
The correct answer is National Enquirer.
See The Reason for That answer below:
The National Enquirer, known for its sensationalist journalism over the last nearly 100 years, has been acquired by VVIP Ventures, a joint venture between Vinco Ventures and a360 Media. The sale of the tabloid, which has often caused controversy with its coverage of the wealthy and famous, was anticipated since 2019 when the former CEO of American Media Inc, David Pecker, indicated that the company was under significant pressure to dispose of the National Enquirer.
The exact amount of the sale has not been made public, but it is said to be “slightly less” than $100 million. The purchase also includes the National Examiner and Globe in the US and the UK edition of the National Enquirer. The new owners aim to grow into television, film, podcasts, and digital advertising platforms.
The National Enquirer has gained significant notoriety for its reporting on Donald Trump and Jeff Bezos, with the former being accused of paying for the tabloid to suppress negative stories about him. In 2019, Bezos accused the publication of extortion when it threatened to publish embarrassing photos of him. Trump has denied the allegations, and American Media Inc has not responded to Bezos’ claims.
The finalization of the sale is expected to happen in the forthcoming months, while American Media’s other titles, such as OK, Star, In Touch, Men’s Journal, Us Weekly, and Muscle & Fitness, will remain under the control of American Media Inc.
Below is a list of all Bing quizzes for today
- Whose record did LeBron James break to become the NBA’s all-time scoring leader? Answered
- Which type of animal stuffed over 700 pounds of acorns into the walls of a California home? – Answered
- Which movie theater chain is taking heat over a new plan to charge more for better seats? Answered:
- Composer Burt Bacharach died at 94. Which No. 1 hit was also an Oscar-winner in 1970? – Answered
- Approximately how much are Americans expected to wager on the Chiefs-Eagles Super Bowl? – Answered
- Crowds in which European country took to the streets to protest new pension rules? – Answered
- Which notorious tabloid was just sold for a reported $100M? – Answered
- The ‘Backstreets’ fanzine is shutting down after 43 years writing about… – Answered
- Taco Bell increased breakfast sales after it ran ads that featured former ‘SNL’ star… – Answered
- After booming during the pandemic, which tech company is set to lay off about 15% of its staff? -Answered
Today’s Microsoft Bing quiz has 10-point rewards for the ten (10) questions of today if you select the correct answers for all the options. so make sure you use the information I provided here to your maximum benefit and pick only the right answers for today’s Bing quiz. Rewards can be used to purchase things from selected stores such as Amazon, Walmart, etc. when claimed as gift cards.